Mental Health Re-Credentialing Criteria
Information is submitted to Te Ao Maramatanga, New Zealand College of Mental Health Nurses for assessment, every 3 years from the time of first credential, that demonstrates that the nurse:
- continues to practice in a primary care setting
- continues to hold an Annual Practising Certificate with the New Zealand Nursing Council
- regularly utilises (we suggest monthly) supervision for their mental health related activity. This is not necessarily formal clinical supervision and can be collegial conversations,, peer review meetings or ongoing clinical supervision. It does however need to be documented as having occurred. Dates, times and with whom.
Narrative writing that demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and keeping professionally updated including:
- One reflection that is a case scenario
- A short report and/or reflection on attendance at a mental health related course or training and how this has impacted on practice.
Resubmissions can be lodged by using the full credentialing form online at a cost of $50.