Māori Caucus Values
The values of Māori Caucus members will vary, although as a professional group we will share some commonalities underpinned by Māori principles.
Values will strengthen Māori mental health and addiction nursing are considered to be:
- Tika (truth), Pono (integrity) and Aroha (compassion)
- Mana (influence, prestige) and Tapu (dignity)
- Oranga mo te Iwi (wellbeing for people)
- Whakawhanaungatanga (relationships, networks)
- Whakamana o nga tangata (upholding the mana of people)
- Manaakitanga (nurturing)
- Maramatanga (scholarship, knowledge)
- Kaupapa (strength and determination)
- Wairuatanga (spirit and faith)
- Te Reo me ona tikanga (language and customs)
- Te Ara o nga tupuna (walking in the footsteps of our ancestors).